Due to concerns about COVID-19, we have committed to the following procedures to help keep our buyers, sellers and fellow REALTORs® as safe as possible during real estate transactions.
Please keep in mind that you are entering someone else’s safe space during a showing. Do not schedule or attend showings if anyone in your party exhibits cold/flu-like symptoms, has travelled outside of Nova Scotia in the past 14 days, or has been exposed to the virus.
We are pleased to offer virtual home tours to all potential buyers. If you are physically visiting a property for a viewing, we kindly ask that you follow these protocols as a courtesy to our seller clients:
- Limit the number of family members who will attend the appointment.
- Masks are necessary upon entering the property.
- Wash or sanitize your hands prior to entering the home.
- Avoid touching surfaces and belongings.
- Please allow your REALTOR® to open doors, cupboards, etc. for you.
- Remain in the same room as your REALTOR® (while maintaining appropriate distance).
- Refrain from using the washroom facilities.
- Leave the lights on and interior doors open after you are done.
- Let your REALTOR® close and lock the exterior door.
Thank you for your consideration. Happy home buying!
Please let us know if anyone in your family is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 so that we can cancel all showings and reach out to previous viewers. Here are a few more tips to help prepare for a showing and keep everyone safe:
- Turn on lights and open interior doors to all rooms.
- Sanitize surfaces and doorknobs before and after showings.
- Weather permitting, crack open a window or two for increased air flow.
- As always, ensure your home is clean and tidy.